Yeah that's right Bama fans you read that right Alabama and Nick Saban's "process" will win the Sec West in 2008. Here are five reasons why Alabama will be in Atlanta come December:
- A Senior Quarterback- John Parker Wilson enters his senior season with the chance to become one of the most prolific passers in school history. This will be John Parker Wilson's third year as a starter for the Tide. In 2007 his passer rating was 114.6, completing 255 of 462 passes for 2,846 yards, 18 touchdowns (a school record), and 12 interceptions. Costly turnovers and poor play in big games is what most fans remember but in 2008 JPW will thrive under new offensive coordinator Jim McElwain.
- Senior Leadership- With Rashad Johnson, Antoine Caldwell, John Parker Wilson, and Andre Smith(he is a junior) this team has a strong core of leaders who want to bring Bama back to the top. These guys set a strong example for the underclassmen to follow from work in the weight room to in the classroom.
- Freshman play makers- Freshman can make a difference on a team. Julio Jones, B.J. Scott, Jerrell Harris, and Terrence Cody (JUCO transfer) will be asked to make an impact on this team. They will bring youth, energy, and play making skills to this team. Julio was one of the top recruits coming out of Foley last year and wide-out is a position that the Tide needs players immediately.
- The schedule - The Tide will play Clemson in the first game in Atlanta. Clemson comes in with all the pressure being a pre-season top Ten team. Arkansas lost a ton of talent and who knows how they will adjust to Bobby Petrino. When they travel to Athens to play Georgia the Bulldogs will have just finished playing Arizona State out on the West coast look for the Dawgs to have tired legs. Ole Miss will be better this year and that game always comes down to the last play. Going to Tennessee is always tough and Saban going back to Baton Rouge won't be easy but with a question mark at quarterback for the Tigers look for Saban to shut the rowdy crowd up fast. The season ends with the Iron Bowl and the seniors want more than anything to end Auburn's streak. This game will decide the West champion and Alabama will not lose number seven to the Tigers.
- Nick Saban- Love him or hate him you know he wins. When Nick was at LSU he took them to Atlanta in his second year. The players now know what to expect from Saban and with another year in his conditioning program the Tide will not fade down the stretch like last year. Saban wants to bring Alabama back and prove all his doubters wrong.