With two-a-days starting and the nights getting cooler kick-off is just around the corner for the Tide here are a few links and notes from practice so far:
- It seems in year two of the Saban era the players are taking more responsibility and getting on board with coach and his philosophy.
- There is a lot of talk about this years freshman class and who will play. Mark Barron the safety out of St. Paul's in Mobile has the size and the speed to be a starting safety in the sec. Julio Jones, B.J. Scott, and Tyler Love are getting more reps in practice with the first and second teams.
- Saban is looking for leadership to lead the younger players. He mentioned many of the upperclassmen like John Parker Wilson, Rolando McClain, and many of the offensive line, "We certainly could use their leadership and experience" Saban said.
- Greg McElroy is having a really good camp, the sophomore was 9 of 18 for 146 yards in Saturday's scrimmage. He seems to have the second quarterback spot locked up.
- One of the Alabama's main concerns will be depth at linebacker but in the scrimmage Saturday Rolando McClain had five tackles and one interception. Mountain Brook's Charlie Higgenbotham led all players in tackles with eight.